Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A chill out technique


I came across an advertisement last week. "What do you want to do after a long stressful day at work?
Come and chill out with us over the best beer and music in the city. Special one for one offer on weekdays"

Does this mean that weekday is long and stressful and people want to forget what happened during the day before going to bed. But, why?
We want to consume alcohol to feel light but we don't care of the fact that it can affect our system. Consuming alcohol would just make you feel light at that moment and all the stress will come back the moment its effect goes off.

Why not find out techniques which will make us feel light not just when we sit over a drink, but 24 hours a day. How beautiful it would be if we don't have to consume alcohol to feel light.

When I went for Nithya Yoga after work one day I realized that I have found such a technique.
Before going for the classes, I had a lot of inertia. My mind told me that I as it is had a long day and I should be going home and just relax, beer, TV, curl on a sofa, whatever.
Once I reached the class, I didn't regret my decision to go that day. The great harmonious flow of Nithya Yoga made me feel light.
Each and every cell was oozing with energy by the time we finished the dynamic meditation and doing a few rounds of surya namaskar was a breeze. That day when I reached home, I felt how different it is to come home with all the energy than just be ready to curl in the sofa in front of the TV.

Let us be cheerful and energetic through out... 24/7.
To work is not to be back home ready to lie down or drink alcohol.

1 comment:

Ma Nithyananda Arpana said...

Ya.. NY is a super chilling out technique after work! But a more important point is that, if Nithya Yoga is applied through out the day, then there is no stress at all... so where is the question of de-stress or chilling out? :)